Statewide Premises Liability Lawyer Works to Hold Negligent Property Owners Accountable
Wisconsin firm fights on behalf of clients who file premises liability claims
In our busy lives, we have to be able to trust that the places we go are reasonably safe. When we’re in a store, at a concert or even visiting someone else’s home, we are relying on the business or person who is responsible for the premises to keep the area clear of unnecessary hazards. Unfortunately, this does not always happen, and when visitors are harmed because of negligent property maintenance, Apex Accident Attorneys, LLC in Oshkosh can help. Attorney George W. Curtis, Jr. has won millions of dollars for clients over more than 50 years of legal practice and can outline the type of compensation that is appropriate given the circumstances in your premises liability case.
Attorney handles cases arising from slip and fall incidents and security failures
You can count on my firm to press for the payment you’re entitled to for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and the long-term effects of your injury. I handle a full range of Wisconsin premises liability actions, including matters related to:
- Slip and fall incidents — A supermarket spill, icy sidewalk or hidden obstacle on the floor could cause a slip and fall incident that requires you to seek medical treatment. In these cases, I examine the relevant facts and determine if better lighting, the addition of a handrail or more diligent maintenance could have prevented the incident.
- Dog bites — When you’ve been bitten by someone else’s dog, the owner is liable for the injuries that result even if he or she was not aware of the animal’s dangerous nature. In some cases, the defendant might try to avoid legal responsibility by claiming that the victim was trespassing or provoking the animal. I know how serious these cases are and fight back against pet owners who seek to shift the blame unfairly.
- Toxic conditions — If chemical exposure, mold or some other substance puts visitors at risk, my firm takes action against the party responsible for any resulting medical conditions. Even if you’re unsure as to whether a health problem was caused by toxic materials, I can consult with scientific experts to see if a link exists.
- Negligent security — Places where large amounts of people gather can attract crime or problems with overcrowding. When someone is hurt due to poor security or crowd control, my firm goes after the liable parties.
- Unsafe structures — After a floor, wall or ceiling collapse, I bring legal actions on behalf of the visitors who were injured.
My firm thoroughly investigates the circumstances of each case and is committed to getting victims as much money as possible to cover their healthcare costs, lost wages and rehab expenses, along with compensation for pain and suffering.
Three types of visitors on someone’s property
Visitors to someone else’s property are classified into three categories: invitees, licensees and trespassers. Whether in a business or home, invitees are people welcomed onto the premises by the property owner. One example is a supermarket shopper. The business or individual in control of the property must use ordinary care to prevent hazards that could injure invitees. A licensee is someone who is permitted on someone’s premises, but was not invited, such a utility worker who is on the property to fix something. Any dangerous conditions that might be hard to see must be identified in order to protect licensees. Usually, no duty of care is owed to trespassers. When preparing your personal injury claim, I’ll explain what type of visitor category you fall into and work diligently to establish that the defendant did not use proper care.
Contact a Wisconsin lawyer for a free consultation about a premises liability claim
Apex Accident Attorneys, LLC in Oshkosh handles premises liability cases for Wisconsin clients who have been hurt while on someone else’s property. To make an appointment for a free consultation about your legal options, please call 920-233-1010 or contact me online.